A cup of coffee, your favourite novel and a rainy day- perfect ambience to read a novel right? However, deciding on what to read is a tough task. I have been a huge fan of novels by Indian authors because of their simplicity. This quarantine, I spent a huge deal of time reading novels and I am going to share with you all the books I read and why I loved them. So, enjoy reading! (Sorry for most of the books being romantic!)
1. THE BOY YOU'VE LOVED READING ABOUT BY DURJOY DATTA
This is a series of two books- The Boy Who Loved and The Boy with a Broken Heart. It's the story of a boy named Raghu Ganguly, who is deeply affected by the accidental death of his friend, Sami. The best thing about the books are their story-telling format. They are written in the form of a personal diary. The first book is the diary of Raghu Ganguly and the second one is Advaita Vaid's. It's a heart-wrenching tale of teenage love and adresses a lot of issues that are prevalent in the Indian society. It has a mysterious ending in the second book, so you can expect a third book in the series. If you are a lover of romantic novels, this is surely worth a try.
2. THE RAMCHANDRA SERIES BY AMISH TRIPATHI
The Ramchandra Series is a mythological series comprising of three books (for now)- Scion of Ikshvaku, Sita- Warrior of Mithila, Raavan- Enemy of Aryavarta. The three books are the tales of Ramayana through the perspectives of Ram, Sita and Raavan. I love reading mythological books and these books make you look at the epic through a different eye. My personal favourite is Raavan, because it makes you empathise with the antagonist. The books have a mystery air build up around them and are a must-read for anyone who loves Indian Mythology.
3. The Girl I Last Loved by Smita Kaushik
This book is the tale of a person Akash and his unending love for Kasam, whom he has loved from school to college to finally, the life after. However, even if they have loved each other, destiny and time doesn't seem to unite them.This is a story of the play of destiny in the tale of love and should be tried by anyone who loves romantic genre.
4. Something I Never Told You by Shravya Bhinder
Not lying, but I have come to love this book. Maybe because of its simplicity in story-telling or a very relatable story in the Indian society or because I read it most recently. This is a story of two people uniting in love and how differences can take away something very beautiful forever. It is also a book which shows that we, as humans realise our mistakes way too late- when the damage is done. In for a heart-wrenching tale of ups and downs? Go, grab this book now.
Image sources- Pinterest
That was the end of the list. Hope you liked this. Do mention in the comments if you liked my review.
Collection ta sera🤩😍 mythological ta bhabchi porbo😬✌😒
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Do share your experience of reading the book!
Delete