Skip to main content

My First Five Web-Series



Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well and are safe. Do not forget to follow the protocols and let's hope to end the dark days soon! 
       In these pandemic times, our only source of entertainment were OTT platforms and they have done a splendid job in keeping us entertained. From the breathtaking release of The Family Man Season 2 to the hype created for the release of the next season of Peaky Blinders, we all are certainly excited about the release of our favourite shows and movies. In this blog, I will talk about five of my first web series that I saw and I highly recommend them to everyone who is a newbie in the world of television series!  
       Keeping this blog post as spoiler-free as possible, let's dive into it. Oh, and do mention your first web series in the comment section below! Let's have fun! 


1. SUITS
Image Source: Etsy on Pinterest
Genre: Legal Drama
IMDb Rating: 8.4/10
Where to Watch: Netflix,Amazon Prime Video

Suits was probably the first web series I ever saw. The story is based on a fictional law firm Pearson Hardman, where works the most intelligent Harvey Specter and his associate Mike Ross, who has a tiny, little secret to keep. The show also stars a lot of other casts and together, they are the reason of Pearson Hardman's success. The story behind each of the cases the firm solves is pretty interesting and you wouldn't want to miss it! 

2. DELHI CRIME


Image Source: IMDb on Pinterest
Genre: Crime
IMDb Rating: 8.5/10
Where to Watch:Netflix

Not sure if this was my second, but it definitely was one of the first five web series I watched. Portraying the horrendous Nirbhaya Case of Delhi, this series is a must-watch if you love crime series. I personally like the fact that the story is shown from the point of view of the Indian Police and that there are a few officers who still serve for justice and believe that justice is above all and may the truth prevail. You would definitely want to try it if you want to start Hindi Series, and are looking for recommendations. 

3. 13 REASONS WHY


Image Source: IMDb on Pinterest
Genre: Teen Drama
IMDb Rating: 7.6/10
Where to Watch: Netflix

Again, one of the first web-series I watched, this was probably the first of its kind. I had never watched any web series address mental health issues and depression before this one and I totally loved watching the first two seasons. Seasons 3 and 4 were pretty good as well, but Seasons 1 and 2 were something else. It's something a lot of us can relate to because obviously, we all have been through that phase. Surely, a thumbs up! 

4. MIRZAPUR


Image Source: IMDb on Pinterest
Genre: Crime-Thriller-Action
IMDb Rating: 8.4/10
Where to Watch: Amazon Prime Video

Mirzapur was my breakthrough in the action series. I, honestly, was not a fan of action sequences, but I had to give my choices a second thought after watching this series. It is really gory and full of thrill, yet something irresistible. It keeps you coming back for more. Set in a political backdrop, the story voices a lot of social issues like corruption. It shows how power can rule over the powerless. Give it a watch for a nail-biting, heart-pounding experience. 

5. THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE
Image Source: IMDb on Pinterest
Genre: Horror
IMDb Rating: 8.6/10
Where to Watch: Netflix

First horror series of the list, the story of the show takes place across two timezones, showing the same family as they have grown up and when they were kids. If you are into horror movies, you should definitely give The Haunting Of Hill House a try. It's not an experience where you would feel like you are standing at the edge, but I am sure you would love to watch a family's experiences, losses through and even after their stay at a haunted house.  

So, this was my list of the first five series I watched. What were your favourite series? Do mention in the comments and share it with your friends. Also, I want to start watching new web-series, so your suggestions are more than welcome. Stay safe, bye! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Foods that We Bengalis Love!

Hello, people! Long time, no see, right? First of all, thanks for being patient with my irregularity and my nonsense talks. We will discuss everything in my next blog which is an interactive post (if you remember that alternating interactive post rule). So, what is this blog all about? Well, well, as the title and the banner suggests, this post is all about the food and the meals that Bengalis love, because after all, I am a Bengali. I feel like, Bengalis have this craze for food and cooking that is very unique to the Bengalis. Also, read till the end for a short surprise that not just Bengalis but every person in this whole world absolutely loves. Moreover, do not forget to share your experiences with your regional food and share this post with your friends because, please🥺👉👈.      A lot of people, who do not belong from Bengal would have this question which is what is the food in the banner. So, that is called Paatishaapta, a sweet savoury which is basica...

The Blissful Feeling

Hello, people! First of all, I am sorry because all of you were waiting and waiting for my next blog and I have been pretty irregular. There were few people who even texted me and asked when was my next blog post coming up. There were pretty much a lot of things going on- from the essence of joining a college, to assignments, to internal examinations, to life, to everything :') However, I am back! Sit back, sip into your tea or coffee and give this a read.                   "Love is in the air", isn't it? You can see people holding hands, looking deep into each other's eyes and what not! So, let's talk love today. I think love is the purest feeling in this whole world. Doesn't matter it is towards your partner, parents, sibling or friend, there can be no emotion more sincere than love. If you ask me, I can daydream all day long about love(like it happens in movies), but I am very shy in expressing love. Love, I believe can never be skin-...

AWAY FROM THE BUZZ; INTO THE GREENS

First things first! You people have been amazing supporters. In the brightest days or the darkest ones, you have never backed off from supporting a small blogger like me. My thank you-s are pretty less, I know, I know, but here is your blogger right at your service, with another blog! Let's dive into the blog!             Are you too buzzed by the constant buzzing of the city? Do you often think that, the pollution, the routine and in top of that, this pandemic situation is too much to bear with? Well, I thought so too. Thus, I started the journey to my native village: Away from the Buzz; Into the Greens!  The journey starts with the waters. Imagine a winter afternoon on a , in the sparkling waters with the Sun shining on them, the warmth making you feel cozy because it is chilly winter after all. You are sitting with a group of people you have never met before, united by the same destiny. That's what journeys do to us, right? Make us meet...